About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

14 September 2009

so not Thailicious!!!!

After I dropped my sunglasses off to the optometrist today I ducked past Roast Duck and Pork 328 and came up beside Thailicious – it’s a relatively new joint that opened up in the arade about 4 months ago and it’s still open. Which is why perhaps my better judgement eluded me today. When I stopped by previously to have a look at the menu, I wasn’t convinced. It’s largely a selection of bain marie dishes, none of which look very appetising with a very limited specials menu.. why today of all days, for the LOVE OF GOD I decided to stop and eat I have no idea. Especially with the quality of food streaming out of 328!!! But I did – taken perhaps by the sign that declared “steamed chicken and rice” (say no more). Really, a dish that if done well is delectable and if done badly, really really sucks - and I’m betting you can figure out which end of the spectrum this landed. That’s right. Dry stringy chicken, tasteless watery stock, dry old cucumber – the only thing I would rate at all is the rice, which is if I had to come up with a descriptor is ….. *thinking*….pleasant. And that is now my lunch. I’d take a photo and put it up on my blog, but it might put you off yours. MMMMM rice – lucky I love you. The irony is that the woman who served me brightly tried to persuade me to attend the OTHER Thailicious on Mitchell St! Not. Bloody. Likely.
Thailicious. Don’t go there. Ever! Just head to the lunch stall at the very very end of the arcade where the thousands of other (not foolish foolish me) people are.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have to disagree with you. The food from Thailicious cafe may not be brilliant but I have never had a bad meal from the actual restaurant including their take away section. I know we are all entitled to our own opinions but you should give the main restaurant a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the feedback anonymous and it's good to get another opinion - still not sure if i'd go, but i probabably would if someone dragged me :-))

    ReplyDelete