About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

21 September 2009

not Mingy in the slightest!


Ming Court... what to say what to say. Last night as I tucked into my second straight night of Ming Court Pizza, somebody asked me if I had blogged about it, to which I thoughtfully replied in the negatory. The reason it was a thoughtful reply is that I spend a lot of time blogging about really good places or really bad places, but can forget to write about the staples that sustain us - and we regularly eat their pizza.
Ming Court Pizza has never been my favourite pizza place, there's too much in the topping department, the bases bend under the weight like nobodies business and sometimes I can't tell a Margerita from a vegetarian, but it's the closest to our house, the one with the funniest service (and possibly the most helpful if you get them on a good day) AND never in my puff have I come across a Chinese restaurant that makes pizza, which surely makes it the most unique pizza place in Darwin, if not Australia. They are pretty expensive for what they are, but they are loved far and wide, have a massive wait on weekends of up to an hour, are cherished for their wide range of pizzas that span standard aussie toppings to gourmet vegetarian (the Meditteranean with blobs of greek yoghurt), not to mention their range of Asian pizzas (never been game enough to try one but they even have a Thai-style pizza). The garlic bread is usually a bit limp but it's ok. It's all ok. It definitely deserves a mention.

Ming Court
Jingili Shops
18 Jingili Terrace
Jingili NT
Ph: 89851755

No comments:

Post a Comment