About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

11 February 2009

that reminds me

In a fit of pique (the reasons i won't go into here, suffice to say BURNETT HOUSE YOU ARE ON MY HITLIST!!!) on sunday afternoon i flounced down to Cornucopia cafe at the museum for tea and cake. Cornucopia isn't high on my list of Darwin cafes to frequent, because, as was noted by NGO chick (was that you NGO chick with your hilarious account of saffron and cake?), the cakes are soooo often disappointing, clearly made somewhere (that crappy generic place where all crappy generic cafe cakes are produced) that is not there on the premises. Anyway we were treated lovely-ly (this is is a word by the way) by the staff who happily pulled together a table for 15 people, and they were very accomodating of the 10 adults ordering different things at different times and all paying separately and the 5 screeching, running kids who galloped around the museum gardens climbing trees and hiding in their sculptures. i bravely decided to order the french apple loveliness and you know what? Perhaps my eyes were clouded with the rose glasses of it all but it was apple-y and it was moist and it went pretty nicely with my T2 tea ( i could have been in Melbourne but for the howling rain coupled with the brown sea and darwin humidity). Cornucopia, you did good that day.

2 comments:

  1. That was me, as a virgin blog responder, I couldn't work out how to make myself known, chick with guts.

    Why did you get the apple-y loveliness that day? What about me??? But thanks for reminding me, the pot of T2 Earl Grey was delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you publish a comment you can choose the box name/URL down below the leave your comment box

    hey and if you want you can send me your blogs by email and i will post them up on the site!

    ReplyDelete