About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

24 February 2009

my uninspired eating week - oh wait, is it only Tuesday?

It's been an uninspired eating week for the ole chickwithguts. The best thing i've eaten was tiny little limey/lemony meringue tarts whipped up by my good friend and favourite Dessert Doctor. They were all golden crispy meringue, perched on top of this beautiful citrussy filling and then the pastry! homemade, just the right combination of buttery and flaky, not sweet - a good counterpoint (!!) for the sweetness of the rest of it... honestly if she opened up a place in Darwin she'd make a killing!!!! I was only supposed to eat 1 and then i ate another half and then a whole nother 1 *sigh* talk about moreish!! I had to step up the workouts this week to burn up those babies.

Sunday i went back to box jellyfish at nightcliff swimming pool for another toastie and got charged $4 for a bubacino *frowning* pretty funny cos a proper grown up coffee costs $4.50 - maybe i should have just hyped the squids up on coffee for bang for my buck - LOL (just imagining it). Toastie was good. They had free muffins this time and asked for my blog address - so HI!

Monday arrived *sigh* and Director Chick 2 had pointed me in the direction of a cold chicken noodle salad they make at roast and noodle 328. i have to say i don't reckon it's up to their other offerings. a sign i should have paid attention to was my tummy growling at the sight of the bowls of roast pork rice and bok choys being wolfed down around me ... a lesson in sticking to what i really really want in the future :-( anyway, the noodle salad was pretty nice - steamed chicken pieces on some rice noodles with chilli and soy and bean sprouts.. but yeah, kind of uninspiring. MAN just thinking about that rice and bok choy makes me want to run down and get some now *burp*

Tomorrow - Sari Rasa :-))) yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment