About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

16 February 2009

the dry season cometh?

While i was sitting at the park in the rain on saturday nite, i had heard tell of a new venture based in the Nightcliff swimming pool carpark and always intrigued by tales of toasties and coffee and bacon and egg sandwiches, i made a date to check it out next weekend. but. when i woke up yesterday morning i peered thru the louvres and lo and behold! hark! yay and verily! it was sunny!!!!!! i can't emphasise how good this was after all the shitty grey wet season-ness i've been dragging my ass through so i rallied Director Chick and the two squids round to the pool to check it out on the way to the markets yesterday.

They're called Box Jellyfish, a blue trailer that's hard to miss as it's right on the edge of the walkway to maximise the traffic (foot and otherwise) cruising by. they sell Vittoria coffee, which i really really like, they grind it then and there and though my flat white and DC's latte were on the weakish side, it wasn't hideous. they made a good toastie (we got a plain cheese one and a ham and cheese), judging by the way they were wolfed down and i enjoyed my bacon and egg s/wich (although you'd have to do something really really wrong for me to not like anything that involves bacon and eggs). they also delivered everything to our table as we chased squid 2 around which was sweet and they brought over chocolate frogs for the squids to eat (nothing like chocolate on an empty stomach at 10am) the other thing is that its such an excellent place to eat overlooking the sea and the sun.. ah the sun... i soaked it up as i ate, watching the three crazy people swimming in the sea below me with the box jellyfish..perhaps they too had been tricked into thinking it was a dry season day?

Box Jellyfish: Nightcliff Pool Carpark - definitely sat and
sun mornings.

1 comment: