About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

11 February 2009

its been kinda slow lately i know.....

I dunno why is is that it's harder to blog when i'm not inspired than when i am.... which is kind of like the opposite of journal writing which i only write when i'm miserable!!! send me tips for places to check out :-))) leave comments for me down the bottom puhleeze!!!!

in the last 5 days i have been to:
Emilio's italian on mitchell st: good garlic bread, good smell, crappy entree sized gamberi pasta with only 4 PRAWNS!!! oily, with weird sour aftertaste - wouldn't recommend in a hurry :-(
Martins vegetarian in coconut grove - bircher muesli with walnuts and freshly grated green apple - tick, quinoa for brekky - tick, bali curry made with a fresh home made curry base -TICK!
Noodle House on mitchell st - tofu rice and veges - fresh and yummy. not much tofu tho (only 3 pieces). chunks of fresh ginger and i think i got too excited with my cut chilli and soy and threw it over everything... ow ow ow
Darwin's Little India (again) - this time i had Aminah's fish curry, the dhal, potato and roti - tick!

see i'm on a roundabout. someone get me off with some ideas! (not in a sexy way you understand)

:-)))

6 comments:

  1. Do you cook....ever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA lol well mostly my sojourns into cafes are at lunch time in the city.. but YES i do, and last nite started an italian cooking class - it rocked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I did an Italian cooking class a couple of years ago and the best thing about it was it provided dinner for the following night.

    Can't say I stuck with any of the recipes though, except for a Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you do yours? i mean this was no jamie oliver bung in a handful of basil leaves and a glug of olive oil and go on there my son cooking class, it was an italian mama of 65 who made some food that was just really scrummy and comforting and it was like eating at someones home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a night-time TAFE course when the babies were babies. Jack did golf. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so what other kinds of recipes did you learn???

    ReplyDelete