About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

12 November 2008

markety market




















Its been too long and thats because ive been exploring the NT for work - went to Katherine, Pine Creek, Adelaide River and thought seriously about turning right in Katherine to head to Kununnurra!!! Food has been pretty ordinary since sunday, my last food photo day - we went to nightcliff markets as we do pretty much every sunday - in my experience markets can be variable in terms of godawful westernised asian food, but if you poke around Nightcliff markets and steer clear of that you can get some SILKY, YUMMY. GORGEOUSNESS ( i really put those words in to annoy my sister) ...errr i mean some pretty decent asian/NT food and here's what we got:
My mango, pawpaw and ginger juice from the juice stall near the orchid man: MMMMMMM
My vietnamese lemongrass tofu noodle salad with thai basil, mint, chili, cucumber, carrot and crunchy peanutty bits rice noodles from the vietnamese stall that, incidentally, my mate got food poisoning from (old eggs - why would you do it!!!) - easy to identify by the fresh rice paper rolls and banh mi: MMMMMMMM
Big Kid's nutella crepe from Ken's Crepes (Ken is famous for his Ken's Crepe's stall - you'll find him/them at all the Darwin markets except for Rapid Creek, usually with a massive line out the front - they do sweet and savoury crepes, even a bacon and egg hangover crepe): MMMMMMMMMMMM
Director Chick's Just Coffee medium iced latte with extra coffee beans (i can't speak for her, but as a mother of 2 kids who don't sleep a lot i would say): MMMMMMMMMMM
Some hours later... i came back to edit this cos in my excitement i forgot to put directions to the markets :-)
Where: Nightcliff Markets, Nightcliff, NT
When: Every Sunday from 8am- 2pm

No comments:

Post a Comment