About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

07 November 2008

Hungry

If you needed any further proof of what a craptus blogger i am, i forgot to take my camera phone AGAIN at lunch!!! clearly i have to learn that a blogger must never travel without multi-media or they can't be a creditable source of ... um .. mostly crap, but creditable crap I hope!

Anyway at lunch i met my mate hungry for lunch at Go Sushi Train, one of only TWO take-away sushi joints in Darwin. Now Go Sushi is always a reliable source of lunch as they meet the 3 basic great eating out criteria 1) they are incredibly quick to serve 2) they are pretty cheap (not to everyone, but as a public servant if any lunch comes in at under 20 bucks i really can't complain) 3) they are yummy and 4) (i'm just making up the 4th now) they're consistent. In my humble there's no point in fulfilling the first 3, if the next time i rock up it takes forever to get served and the sushi all looks like crap. At Go Sushi every meal is the same and i mean that in a good way. Oh and 5) the wait staff are good-looking and remember you if you go there regularly - always a bonus!

Run by a woman and her partner, i'm pretty sure i've seen a daughter working there too, so its a family affair. They offer pretty standard sushi fare with some chef specials (dumplings, gyoza) on the lunch menu, and they offer a more extended dinner menu (not so cheap) offering some bento boxes that are MASSIVE and agedashi tofu that is out of this world. Today I had some inside out chicken and avacado sushi (great), some of their fried barramundi (i alway have this, its 4 pieces of crispy fried barramundi in a nori roll with a mystery filling that involves feta cheese, served with a slice of fresh lemon and some mayonnaise. I know how weird that sounds but believe me, it is AWESOME!) and something else. Hungry had some of their miso soup which is always full of chunks of silky tofu and is REALLY good.

Go Sushi also has the added bonus of being open for dinner - only til 830 or 9pm but that's good enough to get something to eat before the flicks. Where are they? Near the Crowne Plaza Hotel, next to where the old Hanuman Resturant used to be - opposite Red Salt. I can't make it clearer than that.

2 comments:

  1. You know my weird thing around food related words? Meal, forkful etc?

    Since I have started religiously reading food reviews in the paper, it now extends to crispy, silky, and anything else you might use.

    Your blog is a creepy dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on silky. Makes me feel a bit sick.

    ReplyDelete