About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

29 January 2009

i wanna be the minority....

heard that Coffeenut has opened in Smith St in the old Gourmet Deli site - Hungry drove past it a few weeks back and stopped to get her morning coffee (she said it was nothing special, but given it had just opened i'm willing to give it a go before writing it off - as an aside, this led to a discussion where we floated the possibility that liking the coffee we like (strong, full of flavour
etc) makes us a minority in a world of people who really like shitty weak coffee).

Coffeenut only do takeaway coffee from the morning until midday, but Hungry's mate, Gourmet Chick tells me that they sell Kopi Luwak - the kind of coffee that is made of beans poo-ed out by a civet cat - at $45 a cup!!! i thought i'd make them a deal - if you can make me a REALLY KICK ASS latte from ordinary beans, i'll have a go of your $45 coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment