About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

03 September 2010

Bar 399


This is my friend Dawn holding a cup of coffee at 399 on William St.  This was taken a few months ago and I've been meaning to blog about it - not the coffee, 399.  But it's kind of like falling in love - sometimes you come over all articulate, but in my case, which isn't that great for someone who writes, I came over all inarticulate.  But what I can say is this:
  • the coffee is great
  • the bar peeps are friendly
  • you can usually get a seat and not a hideously uncomfortable one, either at the bar, or in one of the many booths with the many cushions
  • they have wifi
  • they don't think you're a freak if you come in on Friday night and order coffee and play uno
  • the bouncer will look out for a seat for you if you can't find one
  • they have yummy biscuits
  • ooh they have yummy other stuff - little plates of stuff
  • although drinking isn't really my thing, they do offer some of the yummiest beers, including a wheat beer that won "best beer in the world" or something - it's $10 for a stubby which isn't much more than a crownie LOL
  • they can show some serious cocktail love
  • they play very funky, very laid-back, always appropriately pitched, tunes

Yup we love it there :-)


399 William St Perth

No comments:

Post a Comment