About Me

My photo
Perth/Darwin, WA/NT, Australia
I love food. Consistently and with devotion. I also love my family, my surfboard and coffee.

30 April 2010

Perth: good meat hunting

I just have to send a big shout out to Mondo's butchers on Beaufort Street in Inglewood for making the best pies I have ever tasted, anywhere EVER.  I had one years ago but didn't have a food blog that I could write in because they hadn't been invented yet.  But now I have and so I will say these puppies haven't changed a BIT in all these years - they are just SUBLIME, crammed full of huge chunks of steak and pieces of real mushroom (apologies to the vegetarians), no gravy overload here and the best pastry I have ever tasted. I also bought a chicken one for my housie and even though it was full of massive yummy chunks of chicken AND she offered me some, I only had eyes for my new girlfriend the Mondo's meat pie.


Mondo's:  824 Beaufort St Inglewood
Times:  Open every day but Sunday and Monday (busy prepping all that loveliness I'm guessing)

http://www.mondo.net.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment